Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Aurora, CO
Required Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
U.S. Citizenship Mandatory: Due to our US federal government contract, candidates for this position are required to be a US Citizen and will be subject to a background investigation.
ITEC is looking for an individual to join the Cyber Security Engineering team for a Cyber Security position in Information Assurance supporting the development & maintenance of custom solutions and Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities in Aurora, CO.
- Supporting Security Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities.
- Strong communications skill with program leadership organizations.
- Applying knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements.
- Performing hands-on technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS & FOSS as well as custom-developed products.
- Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government clients.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time.
- Experience supporting Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities, including the collection of support documentation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred).
- Experience/knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253.
- Experience with Tenable Nessus and Security Center including administration and troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience in Manual Hardening and System Compliance.
- Understanding of security design concepts with ability to develop solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience performing vulnerability assessment/remediation including:
- Security Certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01 IAT-II for a Linux environment (e.g., Security+ CE and Linux OS Certification).
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, HW and SW life-cycle management, & engineering change proposal processes.
Hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documented skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Linux system administration.
- Windows system administration.
- Network component administration.
- VMware administration.
- COTS and FOSS patch management/deployment experience.
- Experience with highly ‘matrixed’ organizations.
- Ability to establish tasks and objectives with Lead Engineers and ensure the entire team understands and can work towards the vision and objectives.
- Security Certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01 IAT-III (e.g., CISSP).
B.A./B.S. degree – and 2+ years of related experience. Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) preferred.