Location: Aurora, CO
Required Clearance: Top Secret/SCI w CI Poly
U.S. Citizenship Mandatory: Due to our US federal government contract, candidates for this position are required to be a US Citizen and will be subject to a background investigation.
ITEC is seeking a Systems Engineer. A member of a cross-discipline specialist engineering team responsible for system problem/anomaly resolution support, data trending and performance analysis. The team also provides program expertise on engineering subsystems, maintains a baseline of operational products, and provides operations certification training. Assignments can involve a combination of systems analyst and training related tasks. Analyst tasks and responsibilities will include the development and improvement of operations processes/products, investigation and diagnosis of unexpected system signatures, supporting the coordination and execution of system maintenance tasks, and coordinating across multiple contractor organizations, with the customer, and with our external system partners to diligently accomplish all tasks. Selected analysts provide on-call support to lead the resolution of system issues.
Training tasks and responsibilities include:
- Development, maintenance and upgrades to operational training materials, and system simulator products.
- Providing classroom lecture and system simulator training.
- Must be able to work as an effective member of a badge less team, be self-motivated and work under minimal supervision while coordinating and performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated background in one or more relevant engineering disciplines.
- Ability to develop and maintain operational procedures, products and training materials.
- Good presentation, coordination, and communication skills.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under general supervision.
- Experience in the design, development, testing, calibration or operation of IR systems.
- Experience developing tools to support analysis of IR data.
- Familiarity with key stakeholders, customers, and processes in the IR community.
- Experience trending and troubleshooting IR systems.
- Experience coordinating and leading teams through problem resolution processes.
- Ability to work periodic rotating shift hours (12 hour shifts).
- Ability to provide 1hr on-call support (1 week every 6-10 weeks).
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting languages (especially TCL/TK and/or PERL).
- Work within a multi-contractor badge less Team environment.
- Proficient using MS Office.
- Self-motivating with the ability to proactively complete assigned tasks.
- An understanding of large systems and the engineering change process.
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF), Digital, Power, Thermal, Control and/or communication systems design and operational use.
- Familiarity with Matlab and/or Python.