Bilingual Phone and Video Interpreters
Location: 100 % remote anywhere in the U.S.
- U.S. work authorization (applicants for employment in the U.S. must have work authorization that does not, now or in the future, require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States).
- Must reside in the US.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Utilize your bilingual language skills to assist LEP (Limited English Proficiency) speakers with medical discussions, emergency situations, or financial and insurance conversations. Native speakers of various languages who are also fluent in English receive training (for which they are paid) to provide phone and video interpretation between English and target language speakers. No previous interpretation experience is required.
- Fluency in target language and English.
- Close familiarity with the culture of the target language.
- Ability to find the best way of verbally communicating with someone who has limited English proficiency.
- Good listening, recall and note-taking skills to keep a high level of accuracy during interpretation.
- Education or work experience in language-related fields such as teaching, language assessment, translation or interpretation preferred, but not required.