HLT Localization Engineer
Location: Remote or on-site. Work locations vary depending on specific contract requirements.
U.S. Citizenship Mandatory due to our U.S. government contract requirements
An HLT Localization Engineer is responsible for supporting natural language processing (NLP) and Data-for-AI engineering production for a variety of clients and requirements. The Engineer will manage multiple engineering projects of varying complexity, performing technology solutions development, testing, monitoring activities, analysis, preparing files and generating final file formats. They will use critical thinking to proactively identify and analyze issues/potential issues affecting quality and scope, and communicate said issues to project management teams. They will provide constructive feedback on how to improve technology related processes to increase business unit profitability while meeting deadlines along the way.
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced knowledge of software development tools and environments, software localization tools, Computer Aided Translation and Global Content Management tools and their use, NLP and Data-for-AI methods and technologies.
- Ability to support software development, localization engineering, natural language processing (NLP) and Data-for-AI engineering.
- Localization software skills a plus.
- Understanding of software and web development concepts and environments.
- Understanding of AI technologies and concepts a plus.
- Knowledge of Globalization, Internationalization and Localization concepts and trends a plus.
- Formal knowledge of a foreign language a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with emerging technology and grasp new concepts quickly. B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Language Technology field or minimum 2 years in AI/software/web development field.
- Desired software/technology expertise includes:
- Technologies: HTML (4.5), XML, ASP, JS, JSP, PERL, PhP, Flash, Winhelp, CHM, Java Help, Articulate, Regular expressions, Customized DTDs.
- AI: Neural MT, Computer Vision, Speech-to-Text, Text-to-Speech
- Development/Design Platforms: Adobe CC (Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), RoboHelp, ABBYY FineReader OCR, Microsoft Translator/Custom Translator NMT, Google Translate/AutoML NMT, Amazon Translate/Active Custom Translation.
- Eligibility and willingness to process for/receive public trust clearance and possibly other government clearances.